Live, Laugh, Love

Hi, again! So glad you stopped by!  I'm still playing with (and loving) the new April Releases from Technique Junkies and decided I would try a technique I've had my eye on for some time using one of the new stamps.

This salt and watercolor method always catches my eye. And even though I drew funny looks when I went into my craft room with the salt shaker (no, it wasn't for margueritas, although that does sound good...), I ended up with a project I loved.

Along with the new stamp, Butterfly Dreams (S748), I used an older set called Things I Want To Do (S546). For the background layer, I watercolored a piece of CS with a few different yellows and oranges. I then sprinkled salt in several spots and let the piece dry. Once it was completely dry, I brushed off the salt and adhered it to a black mat, and then stuck that on my card base.


I chose three sentiments and stamped them with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the watercolored panel. I added a little black embellishment between each sentiment.

For the focal panel, I stamped the image with Versamark ink and embossed it using some orange embossing powder. I then lightly watercolored the background with a soft yellow and let the panel dry. It was then mounted onto a black piece of CS and attached to the card.

I definitely love this salty little technique and will be using it again...I'm thinking blues and nautical-themed stamps!  And remember...

\I think I'm ready for that marguerita now!

Til next time,
Keepin' it inky!



No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...