Poppies. Poooooooopppppiiiieeeeessss.

Welcome back, stamping friends!

Every time I hear the word poppies, I flash to Wizard of Oz and the witch with her crystal ball. You can hear it now, too, can't you! Well, with all the flowers starting to bloom, I was inspired to use the Large Poppies Stamp from Technique Junkies. Another TJ Stamp, Love and Laughter Floral, added the perfect sentiment.

To make this card, I cut a white panel of Neenah cardstock to 4"x5.25". I stamped and heat embossed the poppies using Versamark and black embossing powder. I grabbed my beautiful mica paints and added some shimmery, shiny color to the flowers and set it aside to dry. On a black piece of cardstock, I stamped and embossed the sentiment using Versamark and coral embossing powder. (Hint: this stamp is one large stamp with a floral and sentiment. I took my scalpel and separated the verse from the flower so I could use them independently of each other.) Using some foam adhesive, I mounted the black panel to the poppies background, and attached that to a black A2 card base.

IRL, the poppies are so shiny and gorgeous. I hope you are inspired to try playing with your stamps today. If you like the stamps I've used, they are available through Technique Junkies. And if you'd like to save 10%, I can help you out!

Happy shopping. Happy stamping.

Til next time,
Keepin' it crafty!

No comments:

Saturday Sketch Challenge #748

Happy April, Crafting Friends! I hope your month has started out good and continues in a positive way.  I'm back today with another proj...